- You will work on a MEAN stack, with a particular focus on backend aspects through Node, Express. MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
- You will pick up front end tasks at times, touching React.js and other tools - hence will need to stay in the loop with what your other team members are doing.
- We use MongoDB, ElasticSearch and various RDBMS’s (Mysql and Postgres), so you will use relational and k/v or document-based NoSQL systems.
- You will be expected to write unit tests to accompany your software. Even if you don’t practice full-blown TDD, your pull requests will need accompanying tests.
- You will communicate in English on a daily basis with team members in other locations around Europe, with occasional travel in either direction.
- You will be expected to document your work and to talk to across the team about your software design decisions.
- You will support your team members by advocating quality-led development practices, including thorough peer-review and sensible test practices.
- You will be expected to work closely with partners in the UK in making design decisions around software architecture.
- You are educated to Bachelor's level, or higher. Ideally in Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline.
- If you can kite-surf, build origami sculptures, DJ, perform card tricks or break dance, you will probably fit in pretty well
- You need to be accurate, diligent and well-rounded with regards to your communication skills and self-organisation.
- We work on mission-critical systems, writing new code from top to bottom. You should have experience of structuring software projects and be working from a blank page
- You should have examples of technical challenges, which you have encountered recently and be able to explain them clearly.
- You are familiar with Agile practices and know when and how to apply them.
- You are able to make sensible assumptions. You don’t need hand-holding.
- You identify with the words ‘Autonomy’ and ‘Mastery’. You also work well in a busy team, sharing knowledge and information
- You are a team player; an equal, a partner, a doer, a good lunch buddy
- You are able and willing to travel overseas occasionally.
- This is a full-stack role, so you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end tasks. You are the kind of person who is happy to pick up new tools, or dust off old ones to get the job done.
- You get the job done.
- A high-calibre team of Software professionals
- Opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Competitive salary and package
- Regular opportunities to socialise with your colleagues
- Team lunches every week
- Opportunities to develop your spoken and written English
- International travel
- Interesting, challenging and unique projects of real significance
- Autonomy in your work
- A great office with free parking, snacks, drinks
Zenitech is an exciting British business with operations in the UK, Vilnius and Romania. We are hi-tech specialists supplying into the UK and Northern Europe. We co-invest in start-up businesses. We also supply into global brands. Working for Zenitech is varied, challenging and will open doors for you to pursue your potential to its full extent.All UAB "Zenitechas" job ads