- You will work on a MEAN stack, with a particular focus on backend aspects through Node, Express. MongoDB and ElasticSearch.
- You will pick up front end tasks at times, touching React.js and other tools - hence will need to stay in the loop with what your other team members are doing.
- We use MongoDB, ElasticSearch and various RDBMS’s (Mysql and Postgres), so you will use relational and k/v or document-based NoSQL systems.
- You will be expected to write unit tests to accompany your software. Even if you don’t practice full-blown TDD, your pull requests will need accompanying tests.
- You will communicate in English on a daily basis with team members in other locations around Europe, with occasional travel in either direction.
- You will be expected to document your work and to talk to across the team about your software design decisions.
- You will support your team members by advocating quality-led development practices, including thorough peer-review and sensible test practices.
- You will be expected to work closely with partners in the UK in making design decisions around software architecture.
- You are educated to Bachelor's level, or higher. Ideally in Computer Science, or a relevant technical discipline.
- If you can kite-surf, build origami sculptures, DJ, perform card tricks or break dance, you will probably fit in pretty well
- You need to be accurate, diligent and well-rounded with regards to your communication skills and self-organisation.
- We work on mission-critical systems, writing new code from top to bottom. You should have experience of structuring software projects and be working from a blank page
- You should have examples of technical challenges, which you have encountered recently and be able to explain them clearly.
- You are familiar with Agile practices and know when and how to apply them.
- You are able to make sensible assumptions. You don’t need hand-holding.
- You identify with the words ‘Autonomy’ and ‘Mastery’. You also work well in a busy team, sharing knowledge and information
- You are a team player; an equal, a partner, a doer, a good lunch buddy
- You are able and willing to travel overseas occasionally.
- This is a full-stack role, so you should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end tasks. You are the kind of person who is happy to pick up new tools, or dust off old ones to get the job done.
- You get the job done.
- A high-calibre team of Software professionals
- Opportunities to learn and grow every day
- Competitive salary and package
- Regular opportunities to socialise with your colleagues
- Team lunches every week
- Opportunities to develop your spoken and written English
- International travel
- Interesting, challenging and unique projects of real significance
- Autonomy in your work
- A great office with free parking, snacks, drinks
Zenitech is a very “human” workplace based on mutual respect open and direct relationships with each other and with our customers. We value Friendship, Openness, Challenges and Growth. We are visionary and fanatic on technology and solutions and we take pride in what we do. Here you will feel welcomed by great colleagues, who are building a great team of friends. You will have many opportunities to grow together with us.