We need your ideas and passion for good, clean code! A great position for a front-end enthusiast who wants to code things The Right Way™. Opportunity to contribute to the development and implementation of extensive new user-facing products and features; new shared packages; and collaborate with our services team on internal APIs. Additional coding to optimize existing repositories, as necessary.
What you'll do
What you'll do
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes Node.js, Express, GraphQL, webpack, ES2017, Sass, and Git (Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Lead, direct and mentor more junior team members (including code review)
- Provide informed estimates on project timelines and resources
- Take part in decision-making around major architectural choices of the front-end team
- Cover your code with unit and integration tests written with Jest and Mocha
- Work with our top product team which includes former leaders from Gilt, eBay, and Etsy
- 3+ years experience developing sophisticated consumer-facing web sites
- At least one major React project under your belt and extensive Node.js experience
- Understanding of performance-related trade-offs and how to squeeze the most performance from a web page
- Experience mentoring and directing a team (major plus)
- Be awesome and make those around you awesome!
- Ability to bring your intellectual curiosity and thoughtful opinions with you every day
- An appreciation for one-of-a-kind items such as furniture, art, and jewelry always welcome
- Your participation in the larger developer community is strongly supported and encouraged!
- Interesting challenges and always evolving tech-stack
- Highly talented and experienced colleagues to gather knowledge from and grow together
- Encouragement and feedback
- Transparency and open communication
- Family atmosphere that feels more like home than work
- Respecting employee’s personal life outside of work
- Extra paid paternity leave
- Wellness program rewards/additional health insurance
- Social and off-site events
- Food/snacks/drinks on a daily basis & Friday’s lunch on us!
3700-5500 eur/mon. gross salary
UAB „ALLIANCE RECRUITMENT“
Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries. Our client - 1stdibs is the world's leading online marketplace for the most beautiful things on earth! Established in 2001 the e-commerce site was created to move the legendary Parisian fleet market into virtual space. Today, company is the largest luxury goods portal offering merchandise from 2 000 luxury furniture dealers as well as art crafts, jewelry, watches, clothes and accessories. 1stdibs are headquartered in New York and since 2015 started new development centre here in Vilnius.